Set in eight acres of rolling Lancashire countryside, less than an hour from the cities of Manchester and Liverpool, West Tower is an impressive country house wedding venue. Built in 1785 as a private residence with sweeping views over the surrounding fields, today it is an exclusive-use venue, retaining the style and comfort you might expect to feel when welcomed in to a beautiful home.
On arrival at West Tower, you can relax in the knowledge that your entire wedding will take place under one roof. The house is licensed for ceremonies both inside and out, in the light and airy ballroom with its floor to ceiling windows, or outside on the lawn under the romantic ceremony pagoda.
After saying your vows, join your guests for drinks and canapés in the Cellar Bar, or in the great outdoors, enjoying some fabulous photo moments beside the wishing well, on the elegant steps leading up to the house or on the picturesque lawn.
Dining takes place in our stunning Ballroom with far-reaching views over the unspoiled countryside - its neutral wooden floors, ivory walls and delicate chandeliers lending themselves perfectly to your chosen colour scheme. At West Tower, we pride ourselves in offering an exceptional standard of dining and service, our talented chefs creating your menu, perhaps using our dedicated wedding package to inspire the choices for your wedding breakfast.
After dinner, we invite you to enjoy refreshments in the Cellar Bar or on the lawn, while we prepare the Ballroom for your evening celebration. The space lends itself perfectly to an evening party with its spacious dancefloor and stylish bar area. As the sun goes down, you might decide to serve a hog roast or barbecue from our courtyard, or a tasty buffet in the Leather Lounge with its cosy armchairs and open fire. And, when your special day draws to a close, we can accommodate up to 45 of your guests in our stylish bedrooms. Seven of these bedrooms are in the main house and boast king size beds, beautiful views and elegant, contemporary décor. Each is named after a Champagne house, our favourite being Dom Perignon, the bridal suite with four poster bed, fireplace and roll top bath – an idyllic setting for your wedding night.
We look forward to welcoming you to West Tower – your home from home.
1. A country house, exclusively yours on your wedding day.
2. Easily reached from Liverpool, Manchester and major road networks.
3. Indoor and outdoor ceremonies, with up to 140 guests seated in the Ballroom.
4. Seated dining for up to 140 guests in our light-filled Ballroom.
5. A Cellar Bar – the perfect place for pre and post ceremony drinks, and for breakfast the morning after your wedding.
6. In-house caterers, experienced in offering exceptional dining experiences and flexibility with menu choices.
7. Beautiful outside lawns, ideal for photographs and garden games.
8. Luxury accommodation for up to 45 guests in 18 bedrooms (one with wheelchair access). Further accommodation within easy reach of the venue.