An exciting and truly unique wedding venue located in the heart of coastal Northumberland. We are situated on a family run working farm amidst undulating, unspoilt and privately secluded countryside, so your wedding is exclusive to you and your guests.
What makes us different from other venues?
Doxford Barns offers both 3 day wedding and 1 day wedding experience in an exclusive rural setting that can be tailored howsoever you like!
Our 3 day option is the perfect opportunity for a relaxed wedding days and allows you to fully immerse yourself in the idyllic setting Doxford barns provides. Imagine arriving a day before your wedding so you can add the perfect touches to your big day before waking up surrounded by family and friends, all within a stone's throw of your venue. Step outside your bridal suite into unspoilt countryside relaxed, stress free and excited for the day ahead knowing everything is in hand. Walk in to ‘The Great Barn’, steeped in history but tastefully renovated to cater for up to 160 guests and cocooned around a spectacular oak framed barn. Spend the night in your luxurious bridal suite and awaken feeling refreshed, relaxed, rejuvenated and, of course, looking forward to married life together. Spend your final day with family and friends to reminisce over brunch and relax for a little longer before heading out on the next step of your journey.
For couples preferring our 1 day option, we still offer our exclusive venue in outstanding surroundings, with impeccable service and limitless opportunities for you to be as creative as you like. Ultimately our aim is to allow you the time to enjoy your whole wedding experience, whether it be 3 days or 1 day and are as flexible as we can be to ensure the impossible is made possible.
Our venue consists of the following -
- The Great Barn seating up to 180 guests (250 evening) under beautiful oak beams.
- The Cart Shed an area for a small ceremony or comfy seating for guests.
- The Forge - an area for the bride prior to the ceremony, after a cosy seating area for guests, with a real open fire.
- The Turnbull Bar, a fully stocked bar, competitively priced for guests. We have a 2am late licence for entertainment and the sale of alcohol.
- The Baldy Reiver, another bar within the main barn, which also has a 2am licence for entertainment and the sale of alcohol.
-The stunning rustic Threshing Hall, with seating for up to 160 guests ideal for civil ceremonies or your drinks reception.
- Our own amazing in house Chef, John Blackmore who can create a scrumptious wedding breakfast to satisfy all of your guests needs.
Our executive head chef at Doxford Barns brings a wealth of culinary knowledge and flare to Doxford Barns to bring you the culinary experience you deserve for your special day.
- Seven self-catering holiday cottages sleeping up to 40 people a stones throw from the great barn-wedding venue.
- Doxford Lake - a stunning area for photos, drinks reception or your ceremony.
- The Farmhouse Gardens and lawns offering the opportunity for speeches, drinks and canapé’s or the ceremony itself.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements or arrange to visit us at Doxford to see how we can tailor your perfect wedding experience.