Stunning at any time of year, magnificent Melville Castle near Edinburgh comes into its own in the winter months. Discover the fantastic winter wedding package on offer at this stunning Scottish venue.
A more welcoming and friendly castle you will not find for your wedding day. Conveniently located on the outskirts of Edinburgh in an idyllic country estate, Melville Castle is available for hire on either an exclusive on non-exclusive use basis making it an extremely flexible venue for your big day.
With extensive grounds for you to enjoy, capacity for up to 200 guests and serving Scottish fayre with a classic French twist all within 30 minutes of Edinburgh city centre, it’s easy to see why this historic castle hotel is the venue of choice for glamorous weddings in this part of Scotland.
Whether it’s a smaller 30 person wedding your are dreaming of or a grand 200 person guest list, there are reception rooms or a spectacular permanent marquee to accommodate.
Imagine a snowy wedding day at this castle. The grounds will look beautiful for your photos and knowing that a warm reception is awaiting you and your guests inside is the icing on the wedding cake!
Lovely features at this venue include the classic works of art which adorn the walls, the soft lighting (perfect for adding a romantic ambience) and the fantastic foyer and staircase; a wedding photographer’s dream! You will also have the services of the on-site wedding planner who will guide you through the whole process with ease.
We asked Melissa Davidson, Wedding and Events Manager to let us in on her top ten tips for winter weddings at Melville Castle and here they are:
1. Always take at least 5 minutes to yourselves, this is one of the most important days in your life .. enjoy it!
2. Always have some form of heating, my favourite is a faux fur over the shoulder coat
3. Glitter, Glitter, Glitter, nothing says winter wedding more than a bit of sparkle
4. Remember it gets dark much earlier, embrace this and have your ceremony and reception with romantic candle light
5. Nothing says winter wedding like a crackling fire, like the one at the entrance of Melville Castle
6. Favours dont need to be tablet. Get festive and wintry by having sparklers, which can be very cost effective too!
7. Of course winter weddings have to be near Christmas with a REAL Christmas tree and maybe even a visit from Santa and a bit of mistletoe
8. Fairy lights draped throughout our marquee are the most magical thing at Melville Castle
9. Mulled wine is always a good alternative for fizz and keeps everyone toasty
10. Finally my last tip would be come prepared .. we are in Scotland why not have alternative WELLIES to make sure you get the best pictures possible
Winter weddings at this fairytale castle venue are luxurious affairs. The following details are included in the great value winter wedding package currently on offer at Melville Castle:
Sweeping red carpet
Master of ceremonies
Prosecco on arrival
3 course wedding breakfast
Table linen napkins and chair covers
Cake stand & knife
Table centre peices
Offering incredible value for money for such an exclusive venue, the price for this winter wedding package starts at £1999 for 30 guests.
Contact the wedding team at Melville Castle now for a brochure: