A magnificent coaching inn steeped in history, overlooking the village green in this, one of the most beautiful of Oxfordshire villages.
Luxuriously appointed and sympathetically maintained in the finest traditional manner, with a wealth of old oak and stone chimney pieces of considerable interest to lovers of our English heritage. Be prepared to duck low beams and meander narrow door and hallways. Long hidden features discovered during restoration indicate that, this ancient Royalist owned hostelry dates from before the Civil War. A list of landlords has been proudly retained since 1690 and is displayed in the bar where, traditional ales and fine wines are served from cool cellars and stone vaults.
Type of Cuisine:
modern and traditional british