Nestling in an idyllic valley just 8 miles from Exeter, The Great Barn is quite simply one of the most breath-taking wedding venues in Devon.
Recently restored by Emma and John Birkin, this unique and unusual wedding venue is a stunning mix of historic buildings, contemporary styling and state-of-the-art facilities.
Of all the many licensed Civil Ceremony venues Devon has to offer it would be hard to beat the WOW factor of this stunning 15th century barn. Known as the “thatched cathedral” the vast, vaulted oak ceiling provides a spectacular backdrop for your marriage or Civil Partnership.
Outside, the medieval courtyard and magical walled gardens, are perfect for drinks and photographs while the recently refurbished West Barn is there should the weather not be kind. Follow this by a fabulous feast, provided by award winning caterers and drink delicious wines, without fear of corkage.
Surrounded by the Place Barton private estate an exclusive wedding reception is guaranteed. Whether you are planning a summer or winter wedding for 40 or 140, Emma and John would be delighted to chat through your plans and invite you to come and see one of the most glorious places to get married in Devon.
• Breath-taking, award-winning building
• State of the art lighting and sound systems
• Glorious gardens and grounds
• Second barn for wet weather cover or additional space
• Two fabulous cottages sleeping 13 in total.
• Totally exclusive – a private estate which opens its gates once a week.
• Lots of additional accommodation nearby
• Support and guidance during the planning and on the day itself.
• Everything from the glasses to the gardens are classy, stylish, immaculate.
• No hidden costs including no corkage
• Masses of choice and flexibility to achieve the day you want.
• Caterers are Dartmoor Kitchen – national award winners.
Directions by car:
From the M5/A38 heading South
Follow the signs for Plymouth. Leave the A38 at the Teign Valley exit. Turn right off the slip road. Cross the A38 then take the first turning on the right signed Dunsford/Teign Valley (B3193). Follow Directions Continued below.
From the A38 heading North
Take the exit to the Teign Valley and turn left off the slip road. Take the first right signed Dunsford/Teign Valley (B3193)
Continue along the B3193 for approx 4 miles. After passing the golf course, turn right at the next crossroads, crossing a stone bridge, into Ashton. Carry straight on through the village. The Great Barn will be found after approx 1 mile on the left hand side.
Directions by public transport:
Exeter St Davids nearest Train Station
Number 360 bus from Exeter.