An exciting and truly unique wedding venue located in the heart of coastal Northumberland. We are situated amidst 550-acres of private, undulating and unspoiled countryside.
What makes us different from other venues?
Doxford Barns offers both one-day and three-day wedding packages in an exclusive rural setting, giving you complete freedom to enjoy our venue and surrounding space.
Our three-day wedding is the perfect option for those wanting an extended celebration. This package allows you to fully immerse yourself in the idyllic setting of Doxford barns. Arriving the day before your wedding provides you with the opportunity to add finishing touches to the venue and enjoy an evening meal and drinks with friends and family, before going to sleep knowing everything is in hand for your big day.
For couples preferring the more traditional one-day wedding option, we still offer our venue exclusively to you and your guests with an overnight stay. Ultimately our aim is to allow you the time to enjoy your whole wedding experience, whether it be three days or one day and we are as flexible as we can be to ensure the impossible is made possible.
Our venue consists of the following -
-The stunning rustic Threshing Hall, with seating for up to 160 guests is the perfect romantic setting for your ceremony
- The Great Barn seats up to 180 guests for the culinary delight of your wedding breakfast, with room for up to 250 evening guests
- The Cart Shed is a gorgeous area for more intimate ceremonies and the perfect place to serve canapés
- The Forge is our cosy seating area, with a real open fire.
- The Turnbull Bar is fully stocked with the best choice of tipples. We have a 2am late licence for entertainment and the sale of alcohol.
- The Baldy Reiver bar is a favourite of photographers because of the fantastic festoon light installation. This showstopper serves the dancefloor with refreshments until 2am.
- The Front Garden & Courtyard provide stylish outdoor lounging areas, complete with comfortable seating and fire pits.
- The Farmhouse Lawn is perfect in the summer months for those dreaming of an English garden wedding ceremony.
-Three-acre Doxford Lake is located 1/2 mile from the Great Barn and makes for a beautiful backdrop for your wedding photography. We are also licensed to hold your ceremony beside the shimmering water.
- Seven self-catering holiday cottages sleeping up to 41 people a stone's throw from the great barn-wedding venue.
Please contact us to discuss your requirements or arrange a visit to Doxford Barns to see how we can tailor your perfect wedding experience.